- that there is only one true and living God, who exists in the form of the Trinity; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified for our sins. He rose from the dead on the third day, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father. Jesus is alive today, He is the only hope for our salvation and He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- that the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. The Bible is the foundation of Christian education, values and ethics.
- that the model by which we are to live our lives is Jesus Christ as He is revealed to us in the Holy Scriptures.
- that prayer is a powerful tool available to all Christians to effect personal and corporate change and should be practiced regularly.
- that the value of each person is evident in that God created us in His own image, and in that Christ died for us. Therefore every person, regardless of race, gender, creed, economic condition, or nationality possesses dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
- that the events taking place in the world around us should be viewed and understood in light of God’s Word, as it is our supreme standard.
- that JESUS IS LORD!
The Christian school is an extension of the home and church, and is established to educate students in the knowledge of God and the Scriptural way of life. By providing the highest standards for intellectual and spiritual learning, our goal is to equip each child with the necessary tools to effectively pursue the profession or vocation to which the Lord will lead.
The philosophy of Southport Christian School is based on a God-centered view that all truth is God's truth, and that the Bible is the inspired and the only infallible authoritative Word of God. Our aim socially is to provide a Christian perspective on the total world view from which will come a balanced personality and a proper understanding and acceptance of a person's role at home, at work, at play, and at worship -- all grounded in the Christian concept of love. This philosophy channels our energies to promote high academic standards while helping the students to achieve skills in creativity and critical thinking using the best integrated curriculum available. The objective of our instructional program is to enable the student to pursue the post-secondary education of his or her choosing, whether in college, university, or in vocational training areas. Our responsibility for the student encompasses the spiritual, mental, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional areas. It must be our aim to shun the tendency to teach the Bible compartmentally or on the intellectual level alone. Scripture and Biblical truths must be woven throughout the total curriculum. While the education of children is the responsibility of parents, the school functions as an agent for parents and teachers to work cooperatively in every phase of each student's development and also to improve the overall process of Christian education.