- Every child enrolled in our pre-school and pre-kindergarten programs must be potty trained.
- Admission tests in math and reading will be administered to students beginning in the first grade.
In order to be accepted into Southport Christian School at the intended grade level, a student must:
• score no lower than six months below their entering grade on math and reading entrance tests.
• demonstrate oral reading and comprehension that commensurate with grade level.
• show evidence of passing their last grade in their previous school, as well as achieving a passing year-end grade in the areas of math and language arts.
• attend, with parents or legal guardian, an entrance interview with a representative of Southport Christian School. During the interview, the family's Christian experience and commitment, attitudes toward authority, willingness to submit to Biblical discipline, personal goals, and scholastic records will be discussed.
As attendance at SCS is a privilege and not a right, all students are accepted on a 30 day trial basis. The school reserves the right to dismiss any student who does not cooperate with the educational process or whose tuition has become delinquent for 45 days.
Please call us if you have any questions about our admissions policy. We are here to help.